Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago River tournament trail

Starting March 30. 2008 there will be 12 tournaments at this location primarily for Large Mouth bass. The tournaments will be shore based and Every Man for himself we have about 12 now. The winner Will be determined by total-weight, the fish will be caught weighed and released right away. This will allow the fish limited stress and to ensure the great fisherie remains here on the Chicago river. The anglers involved And the people viewing Are Responsible for there garbage and ethics. our organizers are not responsible for any loss,Damaged or stolen Equipment while attending these "Friendly fishing outings" Anglers will be competing for points, and bragging rights for more information please e-mail us at [email protected].

These Tournaments are organized and planned VERY well, the idea is to help bring awareness to people about the habitat and the Fish thriving our beautiful River system. Each tournament is Open entry you can join which ever you'd like, but to be considered for the angler of the year or the CRTT champion you'll have to at least compete in 9 of our Fishing tournaments.

Here's our Schedule:

Day Month Date Year Time

Sunday March 30, 2008 6:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.

Sunday April 13, 2008 6:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.

Sunday April 27, 2008 1:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. (EVENING TOURNAMENT)

Sunday May 18, 2008 5:00a.m. - 12:00 NOON

Sunday June 22, 2008 5:00a.m. - 12:00 NOON

SUNDAY July 20, 2008 5:00a.m. - 12:00 NOON

Sunday August 17, 2008 5:00a.m. - 12:00 NOON

Sunday Sept. 21, 2008 6:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.

Sunday October 19, 2008 6:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.

Sunday October 26, 2008 5:00a.m. - 12:00 NOON

** Two Day Final Tournament ** Champions Decided

Saturday November 22, 2008 6:00a.m. - 12:00 NOON
Sunday November 23, 2008 8:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Bassman For Life said:
our organizers are not responsible for any loss,Damaged or stolen Equipment while attending these "Friendly fishing outings"

Makes me feel real comfortable about signing up
I'm sure that has to be posted because of all the crimes that happen in chicago. I've gotten stolen gear from my truck before. In my dang Driveway! :twisted: But i guess it happens. With the crime rate these days. That should be posted for the tournament, its also a good warning to lock your doors on your truck and hide your gear underneath a blanket or sumtin. You never know. I learned the hard way more than once. :eek:

Take Care guys. But for me, im not a big chicago river guy. Now the Fox will change my whole perspective.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Every tourny should have a disclaimer such as that. If I have my car broken into and gear stolen while fishing a tourny at the WWD, whoever is running the tourny should not be responsible. Unfortunately, in this day and age, there are some people that do.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just for safety purposes. Nothing has ever happened and the area in itself isn't a high crime area patrol cars stroll by often as it's not to far from the police station. But I've never seen anything happen and from 10 up I fished it by myself until night, nothings ever happened.

again if anyone is looking to sign up, Please e-mail me at [email protected]

We have 12 Anglers so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.