Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this posting, the weather gods have definately had their hand in the rollercoaster ride of a season we admire, called Spring. Fortunately, the fish gods have had the upper hand lately. Thanks to the digital camera and a little program called Mapquest, we shall overcome. I've been scoping out a pond that has lately been bountiful, while on a regular basis complies with the mysteries of fishing.

Given that this is a posting showing the signs of spring I have to start out with this little guy.

Wait a minute.......I mean this little guy........

The last two days have qualified as bountiful with the following pics and video to add as evidence. Disclaimer: This pond can be renamed the Dead Sea on certain occasions.

All fish were caught with in a two hour time limit(due to the sunset) on two different days. Different fish for each pic as an FYI:

Second day in a row had a less then promising outcome considering that we got pounded by an afternoon shower. Fortunately the bass were not convinced that this would put their prespawn feeding frenzy on pause. I caught the next couple about an hour after the storm rolled out.

Thought I would include a little video that I've been having fun with this spring. I am looking forward to getting out on the rivers and adding to this enjoyment. Hopefully the following weekend will add to the previous week's success.

See ya on the water!

JB

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally I wish that spring was year around....specifically year round spring. Those fish were caught on a swim shad with jig. Lookin' to get out on the Kank tomorrow and hopefully will have some positive feedback to work a post with. Today was a complete wash...no pun intended. Thanks for the replies!

JB

·
Banned
666 Posts
Nice catches John! Totally envy you man. For fish like that, I either gotta head north to the less pressured waters or fly 1,000 miles south during spring break. AWESOME!

Hopefully the river doesn't turn out bad. I fished with my friend Chris yesterday whose stompin' grounds are the Kank and he said it wasn't worth fishing yesterday - running too much.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got out to the Kank today and although the water wasn't as high as it was two weeks ago, the clarity seemed worse. I guess Friday's storm stirred it up enough to keep the fish from maintaining the feeding frenzy. I still managed a few....mixed bag with a post to follow soon.

Thanks Andrew......it is something special to pull some decent fish from the suburbs of Chicago.

JB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.