Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the SS Awesome out from 5:00-10:30 a.m. on Lagoon #6. I forgot my anchor which sucked because it was really windy out. I ended up working the trolling motor more than I fished.

I caught 2 fish (one dink, one decent), lost one in the weeds and missed a few topwater hits. Both fish were caught before the sun was fully up on a j-7 pike pattern rapala. Below is a pic of the bigger guy. Sorry about the bad photo, I had the camera on the wrong setting.

I ended up spending a lot of time trying new lures. For the last hour I messed around with a topwater frog in the thick weeds hoping I could get a bass to explode through the cabbage: no such luck :( .

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice Catch! The goons are a great place to go in the morning. And I dont see no "Man Overboard" this time.
Im trying to get out there myself either tomorrow morning or friday morning.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

Danno said:
And I don't see no "Man Overboard" this time.
LOL, This time I kept my camera and cellphone in my tackle box and not in my pockets just in case I went in again. :lol:

BassCaster said:
Nice fish Sean ....C ya Saturday ( don't catch to many like that 1 ) :wink:
You don't have to worry about me: I got skunked at the big tourney at the beginning of the year :( .

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Islandfisher said:
You don't have to worry about me: I got skunked at the big tourney at the beginning of the year :( .
i think your due for a strong performance at the tournament this time around sean! i ain't saying i'll be putting down a hundo on you....but, i got a hunch you might walk away with a W. :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.