Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Skokie Lagoons 10-26-08

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Bob Kimono 
#1 ·
Went to Skokie Lagoons . Got there about 10:30 AM and fished till 1:00 PM. The temps were in the low 50's, very windy.
Fished chatterbait, spinner bait and even Senkos for awhile.
The bite I was on last week has changed already, but still with the dropping temps and overcast skies, I managed to catch a few quality "keepers". The biggest measured 16". :D

See less See more
#3 ·
good to see some quality fish. nice report

i was out there about a week ago and the bass bite was hot right before it got dark.

i'd suggest being careful with your backgrounds at the goons. i recognized your spots right away. there's a lot of guys harvesting 14" bass carrying buckets in that neighborhood

thanks again for the report!

#5 ·
mplant1 said:
good to see some quality fish. nice report

i was out there about a week ago and the bass bite was hot right before it got dark.

i'd suggest being careful with your backgrounds at the goons. i recognized your spots right away. there's a lot of guys harvesting 14" bass carrying buckets in that neighborhood

thanks again for the report!
Thanks !!!

You are absolutely right about backgrounds.........

How do I remove an attached images from this post

#7 ·
back ground Smaacckkk Grrroooouunnddd!!

it's not like the Next world record came out of there, Although Great Report!! the people who know the spot, know.. the ones who don't..don't.. if you know it dont mention it If you mention it.. you only bring so much more attention to the subject. Fish on guys! Half of it's the camaraderie anyway.

#12 ·
Thanks for the report. You'll see me there this week. I always hit the dams on Tower Rd. and the next dam south on Forest dr. The only thing that pisses me off whenever I go there is the amount of garbage and fishing line people leave there. It's a beautiful place to fish and certain people have to ruin it. The worst is the pop cans with fishing line wrapped with fishing line. Any walleye reports on the Lagoons?

#14 ·
Well, it's up to you. Some guys swear by not using backgrounds, some don't mind. It's completely up to you.

I feel that sharing your fishing experience is a lot different than bragging (and more beneficial to the rest of us reading these posts!). However, there is a fine line behind this.

What I normally do is take picture of my fish without recognizable backgrounds (ie dams, landmarks). I'll just hold a fish up to the water, or in front of some trees or rocks. Once upon ago, I didn't mind sharing my spots, but one day I posted (on another site - YES, I post on other sites :shock: ) a bass report from IG. I used to fish this one area and no one was ever around me. Well, the next day, I had 10 guys chucking my baits (what i posted what worked) and another 4 clowns casting oversized bobbers. As a matter of fact, one guy RECOGNIZED ME from the post! He said, "hey, you're mplant. I saw your post!"

My lesson was learned. Even though this site has a select group of registered users, the vast majority of traffic are non-registered lurkers just waiting for a report to feast on (and feast on 14" bass).

Again, up to you how you wanna do it. I am opposed of guys blacking out everything in the picture (see the guy who claimed he caught a 29" pike from the DPR in a previous post and blacked everything out). That's boring. That's more like bragging in my opinion.

I'll show some level of detail, but not all of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.