Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
launch boat- 1:00
air temp- 80
water temp 70
wind- s.w. at 10-15
sunny

I finally got to go fishin on a weekday. It was so nice not having the normal weekend crowd. Only 2 other boats out besides myself.

The bite was a bit tough today. Fished mostly lagoon #5. Looks like the spawn is over, at least on the north end of the lagoons. I only caught small males in the shallows. The larger females all came from 6-8ft of water. I never really got on a good pattern today. Caught 2 small bass on a lipless crank (red). 3 or 4 on a white/blue spinner bait, 4 nicer bass on a rapala dt 6. and one on a white swim jig. The largest on the rapala.

One of the bass was deformed. It had a "humpback". I wonder if it was a genetic deformity, or if it survived a major injury as a fry or something. Either way, he seemed quite healthy otherwise. Evidently he has no trouble feeding and catching spinner baits, and he fought strong (but it did feel weird, I thought he was foul hooked).

here are a few pix from the day. (haven't posted pix before. hope this works)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so the pix didn't work. File size is too big. How do I make it work? No, I am not good at these new fangled computer things. Any advice anyone?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
That's a great report, kickbass.

I'm working on a mod for the boards the will automatically resize pics straight off a camera. Until then, you can use a service like Photobucket.

That being said, sounds like you had a nice time out on the Lagoons. Lagoon #5 is awesome - lots of structure and plenty of areas that only boaters can reach. Keep at it. The Skokie Lagoons are one of the best Cook County Forest Preserve waters for fishing. Northern pike, largemouth bass, walleye, crappie, catfish - lots to fish for and good size and numbers.

Thanks again for the report. I'm sure you'll have plenty more to come!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.