Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
launch boat: 12:45
air temp: 63
water temp: 65
wind: n.e. at 15-20
overcast-rain

It was a tough day at the goons today. Cold, windy,and raining, the fish were hard to find. The water temp actually dropped 5deg since last Thursday. But I like to fish foul weather because I usually have the water to myself. Early in the afternoon could not find any fish shallow. Started cranking a chartreuse rapala dt 6 parallel down a 5ft into 9ft break line and picked up 3 nice bass 13-15in. Then it rained from about 3:00 till 5:30 or so. Nothing during the rain. Once the rain stopped, the wind died down a bit and a few fish moved shallow. Caught another 14incher on a green pumpkin sinko in about 1ft of water. It was a nice male guarding a nest. Switched to a chartreuse/wht spinner bait and on the 3rd cast a big bass rolled on it but didn't get the hook. An immediate followup with the sinko at the spot still marked with the ripples on the water, and fish on. She was the best of the day at 18inches. Got 3 more on the spinner in the next 1/2hr. around the new vegetation growth, all about 13-14inch. By about 6:30 the air temp had dropped to the low 50s. I was tired of being cold and wet and called it quits.

I will be praying for better weather next weekend.
see ya then, and good luck to all.

(still trying to make my pix fit file size limit.) :(

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great report. It was an excellent read.

kickbass said:
I will be praying for better weather next weekend.
It doesn't sound like you need better weather. :wink:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
kickbass said:
(still trying to make my pix fit file size limit.) :(
Here is a free program with a small footprint (like 521 kb i think) if you are using windows.

Image resizer is 5th from the bottom..link is on the right of that page.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Down ... rtoys.mspx

Once you have that installed simply right click your image and a new "resize" option appears...I usually use Medium because it fits these forums well.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea i went so boring. Went Canoing Got lost, ended up walking from the end of the lagoon back to tower road, as my uncle took the boat, some a**h*** didn't let use his phone to call my brother for a ride! i got pics LOOK! Pretty BIRDY! o yea took 2 hours to get back to the Launch!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.