Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing today and had a little luck, caught (2) 10"-12" LMB and.............On one cast, I was dragging my SENKO along the bottom and felt a "TAP-TAP", so I stopped and waited. After a few seconds of no action I began my slow dragging retrieve again and then suddenly.......WHAM!!!. I set the hook and began a good fight.
As the fish got closer to the boat I noticed a yellow color. To my surprise, what I caught was a fat catfish. This was certainly a first catfish I caught on SENKO. :shock:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice catfish Andy S.

Quick question: Does anybody knows any stores in Niles area where I can buy these Senkos.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Andy,

Nice cat. Now that I think about it, I haven't caught a cat on a Senko. I've caught 'em on tubes, plastic worms, and crankbaits but none on a senko. Bet you thought it was a whopper when you set the hook! Good fishing.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Andy -

I'm reviving an older thread, but i gotta ask you... is that a porta-bote you are riding in?

I am picking up my portabote next weekend and I am extremely excited about it. I've heard a lot of great things about the portabote. It looks like you bought yourself a nice seat for that bench as well!

How long is your portabote? How do you transport it (roof rack?)? and finally, do you ever put an outboard on it?

Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mplant1 said:
Andy -

I'm reviving an older thread, but i gotta ask you... is that a porta-bote you are riding in?

I am picking up my portabote next weekend and I am extremely excited about it. I've heard a lot of great things about the portabote. It looks like you bought yourself a nice seat for that bench as well!

How long is your portabote? How do you transport it (roof rack?)? and finally, do you ever put an outboard on it?

Mike
Congratulations on becoming a Porta-Bote owner!

I own one of these, a 12 footer, with trolling motor and a 3.5 Tohatsu/Nissan 4 stroke engine.
Over the years I have tried many boats for fishing including aluminum but for ease of use and no trailer to worry about the porta bote wins.
Boat is very stable, it has outstanding maneuverability for rivers and small lakes (not for choppy water) It goes almost 20 mph with 1 person on the boat. I transport the unit on the Yakima roof rack. There are some things you have to carry with it like the seats, oars, transom, battery, motor, fishing gear. The boat is easily one man portable and it takes me about 7-10 minutes from folded up to in the water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.