Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
launched boat at 12:00
air temp 70
winds sw at 10-15mph
mostly sunny
water temp 60

Had a pretty good day at the "goons" today. 8 nice bass, and one dink about 8in. and one huge crappie. The biggest bass was about 16in., no monsters today. The pattern that worked for me today was a red lip-less crank bait, on a medium fast retrieve, in shallow water, near deep water. The trick today seemed to be to bump old logs with no branches, then rip the bait as it cleared the log. Only one fish from a laydown with multiple branches. Late in the afternoon the wind changed direction to the north and the bite stopped. Not a bad afternoon at all, especially after getting skunked at Bussy yesterday.

The bucket heads were out in force today. I saw one guy catch several 4in. crappie that went straight in the bucket. Then he was trying to catch a duck with a landing net. luckily the duck got away, or I'm sure he would have ended up in the bucket too. What a shame people have no respect for our fish and game laws, if they even know them in the first place.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There should be a license to have access to the preserves no matter what you want to do run bike fish boat etc. Bucket heads will be gone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
danysdman said:
There should be a license to have access to the preserves no matter what you want to do run bike fish boat etc. Bucket heads will be gone.
Considering the preserves are paid for by our taxes, then yes, you do have to pay to use them. I wonder, do bucketheads pay taxes?....

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
That's a great report, kickbass.

Love the conditions you posted and the techniques you used. Now THAT is the very essence a WCF fishing report.

Props dude. Glad to have you on the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.