Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh off my controversial sprint around Lake Glenview yesterday, I hit the Skokie Lagoons this evening.

Fished from 5:45pm-7pm; temps about 80; sunny; almost no wind where I was at the whole time.

Worked Lagoon#6 on the side of the #5/#6 dam.

Started with Senko's and had a couple of taps before having a fish half-way home. Lost it though! :x Tried some crank baits then threw a 3/4 oz spinnerbait and had a hit immediately. Wound up being a 10" bass. What balls to go after that bait!

There was a family of bucketheads catching several bluegill and crappie from both sides of the dam with slip bobber rigs and wax worms. None were really big. I probably should have said something to them, but was in no mood to do so. Just wanted to enjoy an evening of fishing and share the report - good or bad.

Well that would be the take for the evening. The fish must have been hungry because even Jay caught a fish!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report Jay. It's amazing how big the lagoon system is. There has got to be some serious spots all over that place.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
At least you didnt get the skunk. Those lagoons are a sweet area. Next time I go out there I may launch at the actual launch and see check out the south lagoons. It seems like most reports come from 5-6.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report Jay. I have found out lately that you need to work those Senkos and Yum Dingers really slow. Pretty much dead-sticking them.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably should have mentioned that... the hits I had on the Senko were all after it was stopped for several seconds and resting on the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.