Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a slight break in the rain, I decided to hit up the Lagoons after work. Got fishing by 5:45PM down by Lagoon 6 and 7.

On my fourth cast, I felt a bump and a few seconds later...hook-up! At last, my first bass at the lagoons! It was a nice one too - at least 16 inches. Man, I was stoked. I left my camera at home, so I had to use my camera on my cell phone.

Bass was carefully released. I did not get any bites after that. I fished until 7:45PM.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Looks like a nice 1 ...good to see there is life after the long winter :lol:
The bass are starting to feed before the big spawn in a week or so. Just need to get the weather

·
Registered
62 Posts
what spot were you fishing? I've been there several times in the last few weeks and have focused on lagoon six west of the dam (where all the bucket boys) hang out and just east of the little dike separating lagoon six from lagoon 7. I've had nothing but 10-12" LM. I know there is decent bass in there just can't seem to find em.

What's really cool is that I'm an avid mountain biker and if you take the path back from that pavilian area by lagoon six all the way to the south end of the lagoon there are some pretty cool single tracks back there and someone has take the liberty of building a quasi terrain park with several beams, ramps, and dropoffs.

Next time I'm taking my bike and rod and if the fishing isn't good I can fall back on plan B.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have found lately alot of the bigger bass at Skokie are getting hard to catch, there all just hanging out at there nests. You can see them right at shore. I have dropped crawlers right in front of them and they just keep going. Only been able to catch the Juveiniles lately.

But my best spots are at the damn between cove 5 and 6 casting along either shore and reeling back in. Pulled out a few big un's over there, also right around the bend just north of the damn and almost all the way to the big opening along forestview is great to. Cast into the brush and watch out. Caught a few on the west side of cove 6 to.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rainking, I was fishing the beaver tail right at the damn that splits lagoon 7 and 6 - it's where all the bucketheads congregate.

I noticed one major change - the water level is way down. Most of the areas from shore are almost unfishable. Not sure what's happening, but I had the same issue at the Tower St. bridge too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.