Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went wet my line a little and man the weeds have taken over !! In the spots that where weedless NOTHING! I pulled out everything I had crankbaits,spinners, nightcrawlers,and senkos! Man did I get skunked! Gonna head down to Irving park to try the dp. :(

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
That bad? Haven't been there in a couple of weeks.

I'll need to see it, but I actually LIKE the idea of weeds at Axehead. They provide oxygen and habitat. Now if it is all slop, that can be funky for fishing, but there should be some bigger bass taken from Axehead and perhaps the presence of weeds will help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JasonN said:
That bad? Haven't been there in a couple of weeks.

I'll need to see it, but I actually LIKE the idea of weeds at Axehead. They provide oxygen and habitat. Now if it is all slop, that can be funky for fishing, but there should be some bigger bass taken from Axehead and perhaps the presence of weeds will help.
I sure hope that holds true! Today was my first time there in over a month and I must say that the water seemed clearer than I can ever remember. Lotta people fishin there today, I didnt think about it initially but maybe the angling pressure was a little high, thus leading to my skunkathon!!! :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
In all fairness to Axehead plant life. Compared to last year at this time- about equal.

I've noticed a very hearty muskrat population there. I've researched that they are strict vegetarians. I wonder if they might keep the weeds in check.

Having made quite a few posts last year when I first started back fishing about Axehead has been like looking at notes about the lake. Thats a nice side bonus to this site for sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dam bro. I was going to go tommorow..but now im re-thinking since last time I was there I had a weed problem and i got mas dat was 3 weeks ago..so im guessing there bigger...lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dagerth1308 said:
What spot were you at? I stopped by yesterday for a half hour went near the pipes and pick up a nice sized bass.
Basically I circled most of the lake except for by the pipes! Damm!!! :shock:
Now Ill know for next time what spot to hit up first!!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.