Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to pick up the last three packs of a new Mustad hook at the BPS fishing classic. It's called the "Slow death" hook. It's a hook to pull crawlers and cralwer style plastics at slow speeds and drive all species crazy.

I'll be fishing these a ton come ice out , i'll let everyone know how they work for me. I've seen and heard others using them and the results look great!

Check it out
http://www.mustad.no/slowdeath/index.html

·
Registered
428 Posts
Gutterball, got a question. From my limited experience fishing for walleyes I always used spinning gear. I know spinning rigs a notorious for line twist, will these hooks worsen that problem? Just wondering.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Most likely u will need a barrel swivel.
Reminds me of the action of a pre-rigged plastic worm.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Al said:
Gutterball, got a question. From my limited experience fishing for walleyes I always used spinning gear. I know spinning rigs a notorious for line twist, will these hooks worsen that problem? Just wondering.
Legit concern. I know two ways to run it.

1. Like a "lindy" or "roach" rig with a slip weight above a swivel anywhere between 2 to 6 feet in front of the hook

2. Behind a bottom bouncer that has a swivel to attatch the snell to

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This method wasn't designed for casting, that i know of, it's a trolling/drifting technique

The madness behind the spinning is that it spins at slow drifting/trolling speeds, between 0.1 and 0.8 mph, and that it does so consisently. And for some reason it catches fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.