Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have read a couple of posting in the past couple of days and it seems like the bite on the Senkos are slowing down significantly. Does anyone have any insight or even suggestions as to what other lures to try and use? Spinners, topwater, tubes, spoons, etc. I've been using my spinners and buzzbaits a lot without even 1 single tap or bump on it. Just looking for some advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I think spinnerbaits, rattle traps and swim baits can be effective this time of year. Anything that makes some noise. Depending where you are fishing I've also been pretty effective with white twister tails on a jig with river fishing.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The bites were really light today, and i mean light!!!! :?

A couple weeks ago I was killing them on 4 Inch Senkos weightless. For some reason the 4 inches were doing it and my buddies couldn't get any on the 6 inch.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Rattle traps! crankbaits, swim jigs.

spinnerbaits over green grass pockets if ya can find any.

at night time ( I do alot of my fishing after dark) look for bass to move up closer...in that case I like football jig with craw trailer in dark colors...look for rocky points.

anything that resemble a bait fish is my fall key.... In the fall I like to go bigger, and move baits faster. :D

this is my first year using chatterbaits, and i have a feeling that bite should really be picking up soon as well.

dont count out the buzzbaits yet! just before dark it is always smart to work the shore lines with a buzzbait, as i said above bass move in closer to shore.

But main key is find bait fish...bass should be near by :wink:

hope this helps ya some!

but this is my tactics, others im sure can offer what works for them.

goodluck out there.

JayPee the HHF

·
Registered
825 Posts
Last Saturday, my most effective bait was a Senko. I wouldn't be persuaded by a couple posts and one bad outing.

But I do agree with JayPee the HHF, it is time to start throwing fast- moving baits. Last October, my most productive bait was a crankbait. I had two outings last fall where I was getting bit on cranks but not on plastics. This really surprised me but it was around 10 bass on cranks to nothing with plastics two straight weekends. Good fishing.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
The Senko can kiss my bASS :twisted:

Bass Move shallower In The fall And Become more aggressive, And following a bait fish philosophy for that period is CORRECT! Fall fishing right before the turnover Hit shallow And use aggressive tactics. Fall is also in ways a lot like spring so The weather is consistently changing, so don't leave out finesse.

:lol:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I went out today and only got bit on 5" Senkos. Everything else, except for one bite on a weedless worm, didn't work. I guess it just depends on where you are, and the lake structure. For me, the shallows have been dead, but all my bites have come in 5-8ft of water over the tops of the weedbeds.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Skunked, George,

You guys are right on. Don't put the Senkos and finese away.

George- I agree that some of the same strategies you use in the spring work in the fall. Matter of fact, it's about time to get out the #1 crankbait! Good fishing.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
No reason to put away the soft plastics until ice-up. Each lake and every day fishes a little diffrerently in the Fall, so you never know what they will want on a given day. Bigger and faster is great starting points, but like most of you know, that is not always what ends of being the pattern on any particular fall day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.