Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small/light aluminum boat to fish the FP lakes with during the summer 12-14'. A john boat would also do (not looking to spend a lot of money :? ) Let me know what you got!!

-Islander

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I have a 9 foot 2 man Bass Tracker Bantam 3X

like this one

http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/235282236.html

Trailer makes it much easier to get in and out if you fish solo for a few hours at the FP's and the 2 seats are nice if you fish with a friend. Makes
sure you check the weight. If you are going to be lifting it up on your car
solo 80 lb's is about the max I would think. You can get into kevlar boats they are much lighter(almost 1/2) but two times the $$$$.

Some other ideas here
http://www.yachtcharterguide.com/builder.asp?ID=569

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Mike if you are selling your boat, I will buy it. I don't think that you are though. Augy is just stirring the pot!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Heck no !!!!!!! I am not selling my boat..that was a listing from Crains in Charleston that just showed a picture of what my boat looks like... :roll:

No way I would sell it...... Can't wait to fishing Beck, Busse, The Lagoons and anyother place I can find this summer. Just a few months away now....LOL

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
BassCaster said:
Heck no !!!!!!! I am not selling my boat..that was a listing from Crains in Charleston that just showed a picture of what my boat looks like... :roll:

No way I would sell it...... Can't wait to fishing Beck, Busse, The Lagoons and anyother place I can find this summer. Just a few months away now....LOL
That's what I thought. I can't wait for spring myself. It won't be long now, since today is the official start of winter. :(

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
It won't be long now, since today is the official start of winter. :(
Just mean the "last day" of winter is just around a few sun sets away...LOL

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm selling a 2005 12' aluminum SmokerCraft 'v' no trailer. One catch though, it is in Webb Lake, WI (about 6 hours up I90)! It's in great shape and perfect for the FP lakes. We got a 15' deep 'v' up there this past August and left the 12' there to sell on consignment. We may bring it back with us somehow in May. Anyway, if anyone wants it and wants to drive to get it we would ask $300.

Oh, also selling a 12hp Elgin outboard for $120. Runs ok, a bit hard to start (its' a 1960's model I think) but with some tlc could probably be a decent motor.

****not sure if my response went through to spiroh so here's an update: both the motor and boat are sold thanks anyway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts