Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard that they stocked smallmouth bass at belleau, does any one know if this is true .

·
Registered
93 Posts
i'm not sure i'm new to bass fishing but i caught a bass there on the 4th with my dad and he said he was sure it was a SM i wasn't sure

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read in the fpdcc book that Belleau and Axehead have smallmouth.

I wonder if this is correct ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've actually seen a smallie with my own eyes at Belleau. There's a buckethead that fishes on the NE part of the lake that caught one and offered it to me (he didn't speak any english, but when a guy comes around and waves a bucket with a small fish in front of you, he's probably trying to give it away). I thought it was a LM, but notice the verticle stripes and the jaw didn't go past the eye. I took it and put it on a stringer and released it once he left, so there's at least one in there. The clean water seems ideal for smallies. There's a guy that walks around the lake that was a prof. @ NIU that said he tested the water in the lake and it was cleaner than the water in incorporated Park Ridge, because it's Lake Michigan water fed by an underground aquifer.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I would love to catch some smallies. I may need to give Belleau a try.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got home from a good day's fishing at Belleau Lake. My buddy and I got there at around 7.30, he caught a 2 lb rainbow with his second cast, and I had 2 smallmouth bass within 10 minutes.

i found that on another site. There are deffinitely some smallies in there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Augy said:
what you guys get the rainbow on?
I think fishingsheep was quoting that from another site and if I'm correct, they were fishing with worms about 2-3 feet under a bobber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts