Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any smallmouth in the Chicago River? Anyone on this site ever caught one in there? I noticed that in City Limits the show Ike went into the Chicago River allbeit much closer to the lake and caught them in there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
yea...i have never heard of any caught by where i fish the river? by foster and up...but it possible.

that show is sweet tho...he got a nice smallie too...i have heard of people catching them in the downtown area...close to the lake...and i even remember a year or two ago, when mayor daley marked the free fishing days, there was a picture in the redeye or tribune...of a little girl with a small smallie. and the caption said it was from chicago river...the backround seemed to be in the loop.

i remember this so well because that picture was the deciding factor to make me start bass fishing the river.

I have not fished downtown anywhere :( ...because acess seems to be a issue...i have the work pole under my desk tho...and plan on getting out on a lunch break one of these days!

hope this helps a little

JayPee the HHF!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.