Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get downtown frequently these days, and Lincoln Park every Sunday (Seminary Avenue Community Church if you're looking :D ). If I were looking to fish Lake Michigan, where would you all recommend going (very near those places), somewhere with a chance at parking. And, what am I looking to fish for there on a Sunday (or any) afternoon or morningish, or even evening (but not night!)? I prefer Bass to any other species I've heard talked about from the Lake, but am not opposed to others. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Have you tried Google Maps? You can find spots using their satellite imagery. www.maps.google.com

also, google earth is a free download that has even more features. both are awesome tools to find fishing spots.

Toothdoc mentioned having some luck with smallies at Diversey and JNapodano had some good suggestions on this thread http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... .php?t=434

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
As Augy mentioned, I had some luck a month ago at Diversey with some Largemouths. Diversey isn't a great place for Smallies. If you want to target smallies, I would recommend Belmont Harbor.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
You know what, maybe we should have a big pond after work smallie outing. I'm sick of getting kicked out of these preserve lakes when the sun sets.

Who's in??? I'm down anyday of the week.

I was thinking about trying the Evanston area for smallies along the rocks.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If you guys do go tomorrow, Diversey doesn't have a lot of smallmouths. Mostly large mouths. I would go to the east side of the harbor that is along LSD and cast parallel to the wall. If you want to target smallmouths, Belmont is a better option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.