Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get downtown frequently these days, and Lincoln Park every Sunday (Seminary Avenue Community Church if you're looking :D ). If I were looking to fish Lake Michigan, where would you all recommend going (very near those places), somewhere with a chance at parking. And, what am I looking to fish for there on a Sunday (or any) afternoon or morningish, or even evening (but not night!)? I prefer Bass to any other species I've heard talked about from the Lake, but am not opposed to others. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
As Augy mentioned, I had some luck a month ago at Diversey with some Largemouths. Diversey isn't a great place for Smallies. If you want to target smallies, I would recommend Belmont Harbor.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
You know what, maybe we should have a big pond after work smallie outing. I'm sick of getting kicked out of these preserve lakes when the sun sets.

Who's in??? I'm down anyday of the week.

I was thinking about trying the Evanston area for smallies along the rocks.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I've never tried the Evanston area. We would need to do it soon, because as the temps rise they will be going to deeper water.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
How's Sunday afternoon for everyone? Let's say around 5ish. Diversey, Belmont, Montrose harbor???

I say Diversey since toothdoc has had success there and knows a spot.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be down at Diversy Harbor, wife willing, sometime in the early afternoon. But I can't be there later, at least not this week. Definately post where at what happens though!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I would love to guys, but I have a graduation party to go to on Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If you guys do go tomorrow, Diversey doesn't have a lot of smallmouths. Mostly large mouths. I would go to the east side of the harbor that is along LSD and cast parallel to the wall. If you want to target smallmouths, Belmont is a better option.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I think maybe next weekend or even during the weekday may be a better option. Too little notice. I'll probably fish the Glen in the afternoon tomorrow. Let's get better organized and we'll hook up.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sounds good to me. Next weekend I'm off to Lake Erie with my son and several other fathers and sons for a Father's Day outing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts