Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Nice catches.

That Musky is a little weird looking, but I think you should know better about laying a prized and rare fish like a Musky, especially a non-legal one, on dry ground, let alone on concrete... :? If it's beached on shore or in an inch of water during photo time, it's a bit more acceptable.

Not dissin', but just saying. :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fish was released "UNHARMED" it swam away and I actually saw it the next day when it tried to bite my lure. Couldn't miss the hump back. Thanks for the concern!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Andrew, i realize your a very experinced angler, and enjoy seeing your post from up north. While Rich may have held fish wrong for a brief moment, i think you could have used some better words in making your point. Imay too sensitive in my way of thinking but i dont like seeing anybody getting slammed by another over how you hold a fish. Rich some intersting catches indeed.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Nice fish Rich. I am a big fan of the bowfin as well. I used to catch them up at Lauderdale Lakes in SE WI as a kid.

Mike, very well said, as I was thinking the exact same thing. If someone is that concerned, a simple PM would be tactful.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. His comment didn't bother me, as I have three younger sisters and I'm used to listening to younger kids talk.In the 30 years I've been fishing Im always learning new forms and techniques of fishing. Some of these Iv'e learned from amatures and some from experienced fisherman. That's why I love this site it's very informative and I'm always willing to learn!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
deffinitly some different fish. congrats on the musky.... demented or not
i believe i met you a couple times this year fishing lake o peka.... i was the kid that fished there all the time?
congrats anyways

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep that was me! Haven't been there in a while, maybe this week I'll see ya there. I see you are still catching some hawgs outta there,nice fish!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Carp fishing is really alot of fun especially at the lake front.There are some giants down there.

This one was caught in the Paw,Paw river in Michigan

and my bro caught this one near Navy Pier,they love corn!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Dam Rich those are some Giant Carp :D well done bro. That carp with no scales on it is carzy looking but that muskie with the hump, now that is weird looking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Andrew_R said:
That Musky is a little weird looking, but I think you should know better about laying a prized and rare fish like a Musky, especially a non-legal one, on dry ground, let alone on concrete... :?
Andrew, a musky is a prize fish no doubt but certainly not rare. There are many more musky in midwest lakes and rivers now than ever before. :wink:

.... and yes it is a weird looking one. :lol:

Nice Dog Fish Rich. 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. Thats me in the picture with the carp at the lakefront. I'm Rich's brother Eddie. I taught him everything he knows about fishing (ok, maybe not everything lol)! Anyway, about 3 yrs ago Rich caught a carp right by the aquarium that dwarfed the one in the picture. It was easily over 60lbs and he caught it on a jig with 6 lb test. It took about 20 minutes to land but unfortunately we didn't have a camera that day. It was easily a state record, but at that time we were unaware of the record. The state record for carp is another one that could easily be broken.

RECORD: 51 lbs 0 oz by Steve K. Davis on 05/01/1994 at Lake Hillcrest

Good luck to everyone and lets break some records this year!
(for state records go to www.landbigfish.com/staterecords )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.