Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Some Great Upland Hunting

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Willy 
G
#1 ·
well I was told about this site from TJP and being a big time Bird Hunter i thought I would share some Pictures with all of you with My German Wire hair (Mufasa) and my German short Hair (Simba) he is 1.5 months old

Here is my German Wire Hair (Mufasa) on a great point at the Illinois Upland Championship Series Last last Spring

Here is my 1.5 yr old German Short hair at the Illinois Upland Championship series last Spring

Here is Simba on a recent hunt working for another hunter "WHAT A POINT"

Here is Mufasa on a great open field point WHAT A THING OF BEAUTY

here is a recent picture of fellow tournament hunter Jamie Sheridan with his dog Pete, My Self with my dog Simba and my very good friend Mark Kramer with my dog Mufasa

are there any other bidr hunters out there? and would you like to get out bird hunting

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey those are some great pics and beautiful dogs! I have a beagle mix and she's awesome. Haven't had her out hunting though.

I'm really glad to have you guys onboard with hunting reports! Thanks SO much!

#7 ·
Willy,, we can arrange a hunt starting at $50 for 5 birds,,nothing fancy,, all the way up to .. sky's the limit !!! to South Dakota hunts at a grand lodge that your wife would go GAGA for !!!
the average is about $100 for a full day,, about 8 birds and a wonderful lunch.,, these clubs are anywhere from 1 hr, to a 4 hr ride from Chicago.
As for the size shot,, most guys use between a 5 shot and 8 shot,, it depends on how close your hunting , what type of dog your using,, A pointer will be a close shot so you would want a 7 or 8 shot.
Simba can give us alot more info on this subject !!

#8 ·
I'd love to get in on that action! As a hunter of fish for most of my 35 years, i've never hunted ANY kind of game. But would love to. Perhaps Tony and Chris can get something together where a few of us can go? :?:

#14 ·
Simba said:
The season dosent end untill April so we have plenty of time to put something together
good cause the holiday season drains the wallet, i'll definitely need a little time to recover, i'm sure i can talk a couple of bodies to attend the hunt so let the plans begin... how about a poll on the date?

#15 ·
January is a good month if its not to cold any way, any day for me would be good at any time

But just remember that you will pay more on the weekends as that is the busy times for the clubs

So........................... Pick a date and I willput something together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.