Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking to Culprit, I decided to make a few spinnerbaits and buzzbaits over the winter. I might have gotten a little carried away, but since I'm going to Table Rock Lake over Springbreak, and Canada in June I'm sure my son and I will use them.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
No wonder the costs of braces and fillings are going up... toothdoc's using all the materials to make fishing lures! :shock:

:lol:

·
Registered
702 Posts
that's cool! are there kits or something? I am assuming you bought the jig heads with the long wire leader, right? your dental artistry is paying off for your hobby too!!!

I was amazed at where dental technology is when I had two crowns re-done in December. the guy has software linked to a mini-cnc machine that machines the crowns in house! and the fit is amazing, perfect!

ever think of using those cnc's to machine some kind of new lure? :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Very nice Doc :D . I am one of those people who make my design and make my own lures, also. I make my own jigs. The great thing about it is that you can tweak them to your exact specs and usually, spend less money. I've caught more fish on my jigs, hands down, than any other lure I've ever fished with. Good luck with them and remember to continue to experiment.

PS don't make your own jig heads lol. I've tried and it's not worth it at all. The only thing I do differently with the jigs is use solid brass jig heads, instead of lead, and usually some stronger hooks, preferably Owner.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Table Rock Lake is in Southern Missouri. I believe it is part of the Ozarks. We are gonna be staying at the BassPro site, Big Cedar.

·
Registered
453 Posts
toothdoc said:
Table Rock Lake is in Southern Missouri. I believe it is part of the Ozarks. We are gonna be staying at the BassPro site, Big Cedar.
I've fished there. You'll love it in MO...very nice place. Make sure to go to Branson and see some shows. It's like a mini Vegas :) .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Spawn said:
Doc, Nice lures!!! MO. try out lake taneycomo in branson for some nice trout. I love that place. Table rock have some awesome catfish too.
Forgot to mention Taneycomo...I'd really try to stop there. It was some of the most fun I've ever had trout fishing. It's nearby Table Rock Lake. We caught our 5 man limit of rainbow trout (6/person=30 fish!) in just a few hours. We had a blast. I'd get a guide. I believe the guide service I used was at the Branson Trout Dock and my guide's name was Charlie, if he's still there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.