Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had a couple people ask so I figured I'd just make a post. These are some/most of the baits I use. Grub size ranges from 4inch minimum to the 8 inch snake grubs. My basic theme has always been "the bigger the bait the bigger the fish". You won't get the numbers some guys do. With the exception of the brave little rock bass hitting a bait bigger than he is, most of the fish you catch with big baits end up on the larger side.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Very interesting,I see ur very fond of all shades of green

that red w/white tip senko lookin thing seems pretty nice

they all pretty much seem hand poured by some obscure bait company lol

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh, you should see my lizard collection. I have stuff from 5 years ago I haven't even used, that's why I call it a "collection". My river fishing partner Billybob gets a kick out of the stuff I throw. Everything I use he calls "ugly baits", only way he figures I catch fish is cuz their scared of it. I think it's kind of funny the reactions I get from people I'm fishing with for the first time and I put on a bait that as big as a fish they'd be happy catching lol.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just started using them this year. During that warm up period we had couple weeks ago I short stroked a few largemouth with one rigged on a gamakatsu. I plan on drop shotting them this year, I'd like to find some bigger one's than what I have now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Those are some sweet plastics, I'm a huge fan of creature baits after this past season. My favorites the Zoom brush hog which I believe is the 2nd one from the top on the left, but in green pumpkin.

What kind of plastic is the one all the way on the top to the left??? is that a custom one? It looks awesome. :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice collection Jnap. I have some of those venom goby baits that you have on the right side that I need to try this year for smallies.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have enough twist tail and cigar style worms to last 5 lifetimes, but only use your standard salamander style creature baits and a couple of crawdads. I think this year I'm going to try to work a bigger variety of creature baits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.