Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing each evening until dark for the past two days and I was rewarded with one walleye each night along with a few random Bullheads who thought it would be cool to hit the same walleye baits.

The first fish from Saturday night was a 17"er and the one I got last night was a 24", taken while actually walleye fishing which turned out to be my largest of the season so far - but not my largest ever from this place (still shy by 2-3 inches)

Both fishes were taken on a new bait I've been throwing around and recently bought a whole bunch of these - Rapala Shallow Shad Rap. The creek is loaded on Shad forage so I thought it would be good to get away from the Countdowns & Floating Raps for a change.

I like the action & movement of this lure more than what I've been accustomed to using. I think I'll be sticking to these.

I'll be out again this evening to try for three in a row.

Good fishing :wink:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Nice walleyes Andrew. I too am really liking shad-esque rapalas. In canada, the new minnow-shad got a couple walleye while trolling. The deep diving ones are cool, too. Great range of different shad lures from that company. :D Favorite is still j-11, pike color.
Gonna have to try the shallow shad around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.