Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
I saw that AnglersEdge right before MuskyHunter! right? only saw the end of it though, so missed the tips. did see all the massive musky lures though :shock: can't wait to go up north in 81 days! but who's counting...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The show talked about how to rip the bait to draw reaction strikes early in the season. The guy that was in the front of the boat really had it down. He talked about using braided line to be able to correctly snap the bait to make it erratic. I started using that technique years ago with Lindy Shandlings, then Husky Jerks, and now the X-Raps. It really is not a new concept, but with the advent of the X-Rap, there is now a bait made perfectly for that technique. When I do this, I know I am working the bait right when I can actually here an audible "snap" sound coming from my line when I am working the bait. It sure is a fun method, but it plays Hell with your wrist after awhile. I'm sure it will re-run, so hopefully those that missed it can check it out.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Just ask Al when his turning point was for his Fish/Location/Presentation theory came into play? I seem to remember it was after a tough tourney during a Cold-Front when no one could scratch out even a few keeper bass...until this Southern Tenn Boy came along and just kicked their butts!!

When Al had In-Fisherman it was a great show. Now with Angling Edge I see he went with Shimano instead of Quantum.

The In-Fisherman today sux!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I think the main prob with all the fishing shows today is they have become informerciallish(made up word?). I dislike feeling as if they're always trying to sell me on product but I am interested in their opinions and the applications they choose for some stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.