Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals!

Went to school at SIU for a couple years....made it down last weekend March 6th-8th...and had a blast!

Water temps and winds...kept me off of Devils K., Crab O. and Grassy...also tried Evergreen park (carbondale Res.)with nothing to show for it....but did get the fish dialed in on the Campus Lake...it brought me back!

Too many fish to count, not many of size...or the size I wanted at least!

Most fish fell to Rattle-traps( wind blown points), hollow belly swimbaits(windblown coves), and jigs.(wood)

My first swimbait bass of the season!

Kitty that hit swimbait... 4 feet of water, out of some wood, hit like a train! For about 8 secs. I thought i hooked "the ONE"....still a nice fight!!!

My best fish of the 2 days...PBandJ Jig. off of some wood.:D

(haha FishinMatt, this is my Game On face...HHF style!) :D

good fishin'
-JayPee the Hip Hop Fisherman!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul S-.....haha after he hit and took about 20 feet of line...never had a bass do that...I was thinkin I had one on, that was at least 8lbs....after about 10 seconds and the fish not surfacing...I knew something was wrong...cat was a great fight tho!

JayPee

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Awesome fish JP, I've never really used swimbaits but have been thinking of giving them a try this year!

Love the hog in the third pic, it seems like you catch one everytime your out.

I still think that is one of the coolest sweatshirts I have ever seen! :D

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
DDDIIIIZZZZZZAAAMMMM!!!

Great Report Jaypee. And Nice job slaying them Big Boys!!

Keep them coming :mrgreen:

Like the HHF equipment :mrgreen:

-Geo

:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.