Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started off the year getting some early results with white spinner baits before senko bites came to life. I've been throwing both lately. Past few weeks have seen more hits again to the spinners I grabbed just the rod with that on it yesterday.

I had two big bass literally within minutes of each other! It started out hooking this brawny 16"er who gave me a real fight as he hooked up near the beginning of my retrieve.

Goggles Sunglasses Sky Eyewear Fisherman

A few casts later I hit another at the far end of my retrieve. It instantly showed the tug of a big fish. Through so line runs and attempted hiding in the weed shelf I landed a real pig that taped out at 20", making it my best of the season. (Apologies my selfies need work...)

Sky Goggles Sunglasses Jaw Fish

This daily double really made my day. I'd been stuck in a trend of hitting one fairly unsatisfying close-in skunk beater a day while these two were obviously bigger and gave great fights.

Registered
Pretty crazy for a urban FP. (y)

Thanks for posting. The natives here have been getting restless for some fishing reports. 馃檲馃檳馃檴

Registered
Great bass! I'm still trying to reach the 20" mark on the tape measure.
Biggest LMB (18.5")
Biggest SMB (19.5")

Registered
(y)(y) Hell of a CC Bass !! Wow!, and in the dog days, so:cool:

So many more emoticons to chose from now.
馃巿 what does this one mean ? Couldn't find sarcasm.:D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice looking fish thanks for sharing what type of spinner
White spinner with a bit of chartreuse in the skirt, gold willow and silver Colorado blades, 5/8oz.

EDIT: I've had similar results with an all white lure skirt, wearing a white shirt as well. :p

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed you wearing one in your avatar and was thinking about giving one a try soon. 馃懘 'Got a closet full of them.
Yes, always go with a light shirt. Edited my post for ya... :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts