Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Don't the shimano's get wobbly in the spool & handle after a year of hard use? My buddy Billybob use's a medium-high end shimano and loves it. Every shimano I have ever owned has crapped out the beginning of the 2nd year, maybe I have to revise my opinions from 10 years ago lol.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have a two-year old sienna and it is going strong despite being subjected to sand and muck repeatedly. i think shimano makes good quality, yet affordable, stuff across their lines (fishing, bikes, etc.). JMTC

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, had the symetre, sahara, exceler, and the cardinal 502 side by side. I ended up booting the cardinal. Couldnt decide, on the others they all felt awesome! Ken at gats talked me into getting the sahara.

Kinda upset about my old reel tho, (cardinal 302) only had it for a year. I have cardinals from my teens that still perform well.

Thanks guys for all your help I hope this one lasts!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im pretty sure you can get a great deal at Lee's Bait Shop he's havin a fishin show 2moro is the last day and Ed n Shirley's on dundee is having a "goin outta business" sale 20 - 50% off

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got Fish? said:
Im pretty sure you can get a great deal at Lee's Bait Shop he's havin a fishin show 2moro is the last day and Ed n Shirley's on dundee is having a "goin outta business" sale 20 - 50% off
I always hit Lees when I am in the area. Ken at Gats sets me up as well as john. Gats is only like 10 minutes away from me. I just hope that Cabelas doesnt put them out of biz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.