Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little pressed for time so this will have to be quick.

Spinnerbait...heavy.. to better accommodate depth control in fast current.
Been catching a few on Silver and Gold blades but seem to be doing WAAAAY better once switching out the Silver willow with a White willow.

FishWhistle with a Mother's Day pig

I know some guys think that's over thinking it (blade color)... and to be honest..maybe I'm just fooling myself....

...strangely enough... I'm cool with that.=)

Backgrounds included in case you've fished these areas before and recognize the spots....FW and I highly encourage you to get out there and fish and enjoy yourself.

Good Fishin'

Darth

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey now! Nothing wrong with rapala's...cept the price! =)

Wrench nailed it on the Daiwa....a very good friend of mine actually gave me a choice between using the Quantum Tour edition PT or the Daiwa affixed to a St. Croix Legend Tournament for review purposes. Obviously I opted for the Daiwa.=)

Jury's still out on both the rod and the reel.

Eye...Fishwhistle absolutely agrees with you! :lol:

Thanks for the replies gentlemen=)

I had some very interesting conversation with my 8 year old out there on Sunday and a funny encounter with another angler today. I'll try to flesh the stories behind these 2 fish out later tonight=)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Great fish!! Thanks for the report.

Smallie pics seem to be sparse on the boards these days...probably due to people staying away from the river cause of the river level. I'm as much to blame as anyone...caught a real beauty a couple weeks back and never had time to post it :x

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.