Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if you can fish after dark at the St. Charles dam? I've called the city, the parks dept. and the DNR and each says it's the other's jurisdiction. I just want to go do some cat fishing!!! Anybody have any answers?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got a channel cat about 3 days ago just south on the river (not very big tho :( ). Just south of the bike bridge around the little island. Just used a worm and some split-shots. I've never been bothered there before late at night (parking behind the bike shop/fancy restaurant).
Best of luck!

Here is a rumor I've always been a little curious about but never tested. I heard that on the west side of the dam next to hotel baker there is a bit of a hole where the generator from the damn used to be that some big cats like to hang out in. Anybody know if there is some truth to that?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Gatsby said:
Here is a rumor I've always been a little curious about but never tested. I heard that on the west side of the dam next to hotel baker there is a bit of a hole where the generator from the damn used to be that some big cats like to hang out in. Anybody know if there is some truth to that?
I don't know about the generator...but yes there is a hole there....and yes kitties tend to congregate=)

·
Banned
41 Posts
along the hotel baker wall there is a deeper hole. i dont wade until the water is a foot or two below the platform under the stairs on the east side. Be careful wading because there is a deep hole right between the bride and the dam in front of one of the middle pillars. it was there a couple years ago and was about 6 feet deep. havent looked for it recently and dont want to fall in again haha. there was a tv show and they filmed under stc dam and caught some big cats. have seen pics of HUGE ones from a friend. also saw nice muskie caught there too and released

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.