Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Bad day fishing today I broke about 6" off of my St Croix MOJO fishing rod has anyone ever sent one back I have been using there rods for well over 30 years but never sent one back to them

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I have sent them back to GLoomis but never St. Croix. I would call them tomorrow and get all the right procedures.

~JOE~

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was extremely shocked when it broke I just kinda stared at it in disbelief I will try getting ahold of them first how did GLoomis handle it for you

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
If a GLoomis rod breaks and it is your fault they will replace it for $100. I had 1 rod replaced twice already. Both breaks were my fault. I called GLoomis and gave them the rod info and my credit card info. They immediately send a brand new rod and then I sent my broken one back in the same rod tube they used. If you don’t send the broken rod back they charge your credit card for a new one.

~JOE~

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok gotcha looks like they are closed until next year well a week from now not sure if my fault I was trying to unsnag my lure by snapping the line when it broke

·
Super Moderator
6,178 Posts
I have sent some back in the past and it was relatively pain free. If I recall correctly you have to send the road back and pay something like $50 and they replace the rod. The procedures may have changed as it has probably been about 10 years since I have done it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have sent some back in the past and it was relatively pain free. If I recall correctly you have to send the road back and pay something like $50 and they replace the rod. The procedures may have changed as it has probably been about 10 years since I have done it.
Thanks that sounds encouraging after reading a lot of negative comments that I have read on the internet

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know it really sucks that it broke my wife got me a new reel for Christmas and was first Time out with the setup

·
Registered
913 Posts
Have done the replacement process with St Coix several times both by mail & in person. I coudnt have been more satisfied on every occasion. I really appreciate their upgrade policy when doing a warranty replacement which allows you to choose a different rod to replace the broken one.(you just pay the current retail difference in addition to the replacement fee). I really wish Loomis would do the same, but, thats a big reason why I will usually pick a st croix over a loomis.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have done the replacement process with St Coix several times both by mail & in person. I coudnt have been more satisfied on every occasion. I really appreciate their upgrade policy when doing a warranty replacement which allows you to choose a different rod to replace the broken one.(you just pay the current retail difference in addition to the replacement fee). I really wish Loomis would do the same, but, thats a big reason why I will usually pick a st croix over a loomis.
No kidding I might be able to upgrade or get a different rod 🤔 that's freaking awesome

·
Registered
913 Posts
That was true as of 2-3yrs ago, anyway. If the policy has changed I havent heard about it.

Over the span of a few years, with a great deal of help from U.P.S.:mad: (they destroyed 10 rods I had shipped for a trip in 1 shot), I managed to upgrade a lot of st croixs from avids to legends over the span of a few years at what I felt was a more than fair price.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, guys, I sent them an email last night 12-26-21. their website said they would be closed until 1-3-22
There's nothing else I can do until then, except have happy thoughts and hope that they will replace the broken fishing rod and if I have an option to upgrade I would like to get a Glass spinning rod for my square bills anyway I will update this thread when I hear back from them

·
Registered
732 Posts
Over the span of a few years, with a great deal of help from U.P.S.:mad: (they destroyed 10 rods I had shipped for a trip in 1 shot)
Oh man, that would suck! The most rods I've ever heard of being damaged in one go. I actually laughed out loud, sorry Pat.

Luckydawg - St. Croix will definitely take care of you, you just might have to wait awhile if your specific rod is out of stock like matt.ski said. Low inventory has been a problem plaguing many rod manufacturers.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just got off the phone with Cristian from customer service at st croix great people 👍 had to cut rod Searle numbers out and just mail them that section back looking like I'm going to get $70 dollars credit for my MOJO and $110 credit on my 20 year old legend sending them out now

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good question going to upgrade the legend to a Avid and the MOJO to a MOJO glass spinning rod 👍 just for square bills 😀

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've had a few low-end St Croix's that I got the $50 payment to replace. They had me photograph the serial number and break the rod w/photo. I didn't have to send anything but the payment. They got it back to me quite quickly, this was Covid springish I thinks?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well my new fishing rod is on the way I decided to just get one rod went with the Legend Glass 7'2" spinning
Come on spring

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well my replacement Rods came today I can hardly wait until spring to start throwing Square Bills on my new Glass legend spinning rod 🙃 but now I need another reel for the other rod got a MOJO medium action too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts