Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit sterling in the mouring, threw the big lures for 3 hours nothing,went to the tollway pond,action was fast ,floating rapala working great ,sun came out was end for the rapala ,went deeper,with a norman,started getting them again,finished with a senko, caught 15 bass this was biggest,this is time to hit your ponds ,lot current flowing in this one, fishing was hot

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
i checked out sterling yesterday for my first time. its a nice area. i'm always amazed the difference between a lake county forest preserve and a cook county forest preserve.

nice job on the fishing too oldsalt!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea what a difference, i have been checked out at sterling several times,and it was not by the dnr ,but i think he was their forest perserve police,and a fisherman At ig the same thing and i talked to the for a half hour about fishing Also at ig i met a guy who drove around in a golf cart remindind fisherman it was catch and release They care about their lakes,the toll way pond i fish their is some sort of police who is always their driving around I was told by a chicago police once that our forest perserve police was a place to hide the chicago police and sheiff police who got into trouble ,but had the clout or new to much ,so they were given a job with the forest perserve Our forest perserve police should all take a basic course in our fish and game laws,so they could check people out,but their so corrupt you could bribe them, but i sure some of them are good police and it would help because of the shortage of dnr police, maybe even have the police in the town that the lake is in learn the fish and game laws . Lake country does it right

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I second what mplant said. I also was there saturday and it was gin clear and deffinetly could hold some big fish. I did my homework for that lake and it has a very large walleye population there. And it also has smallies if I can remember correctly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.