Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any information on this Lake? I have seen good reports in the past...

I heard that the ice fishing does not open up until posted on this lake managed by ice thickness? Is this true? I just want to save a trip out there if it's true... It's on my to do Ice fishing List this year. :D

Also I believe someone mentioned somewhere that they restricted the ice hole size to a 6 inch max... I don't know if that is true or false as well? Any Info is greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've only fished there during "soft water" season. I do know it's a Lake County Forest preserve lake and i have seen people ice fish there though i don't know any specific rules. The Lake County Forest preserve website is pretty good for info like that

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gutterball, :D
I usually search the web before asking questions like this. But on the Lake-County website. It has not been updated recently. I should probably give them a call.

BTW- How was Open Water fishing out there? Any Good? :D

Thanks in advance

PS: I heard its a great Muskie, Bass and Walleye Lake... Including some nice size Pike as well...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Eye!

I was actually thinking the same thing for the Muskie :D

Last year i caught a decent amount of pike on tip-ups using crappies... They didn't want roaches or suckers during mid-late ice ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yea i have fished forever Two weeks ago iced over ,unsafe ice signs out.4ins or something you can fish. Never icefished it.Fish i have caught,bluegill,crappie.yellow bass,perch,largemouth,smallmouth,catfish,pike,never a muskie yet,but 3-4 weeks had one smash a suick but no hookup,lot of walleye caught by the night crew over the years,but the dnr got wise,stopped it,i hope The one maybe goodthing that happened all musky and pike thrown into desplaines river by certain anglers.

Will give one tip on this lake but very,very,important
MIDLAKE HUMPS

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oldsalt said:
Yea i have fished forever Two weeks ago iced over ,unsafe ice signs out.4ins or something you can fish. Never icefished it.Fish i have caught,bluegill,crappie.yellow bass,perch,largemouth,smallmouth,catfish,pike,never a muskie yet,but 3-4 weeks had one smash a suick but no hookup,lot of walleye caught by the night crew over the years,but the dnr got wise,stopped it,i hope The one maybe goodthing that happened all musky and pike thrown into desplaines river by certain anglers.

Will give one tip on this lake but very,very,important
MIDLAKE HUMPS
Thanks OldSalt!
I will give it a shot, I will work the mid lake humps as well and set up some tip' ups on the outter edge mattering on pressure. Thanks again!

Dave

·
Registered
748 Posts
Use too ,no more,has sandy area to back truck down too to unload a boat.
You can have a boat on a trailer too,but you must park your trailer in a special spot on this hill. If you connect the officals out their they may say no trailers,but donit worry the ranger on duty will let you park your trailer on this hill out of the way.No gas motors. One more tip for open water fishing,this is a good one,Qn the north lake on the north end their several tubes that connect to the dpr river and when the river is high,guess what,you should be able to figure it out,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.