Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 0_100-18-0

Looks like a nice bait eh? Perfect for lakes around here and smallies in the river?

What a dud of a bait. Maybe the worst thing I've ever tied on. I used the prerigged swimbait and it kept rolling on its side and the tail had very little motion. I'm actually going to take it back to BPS the next time I go and tell them I want to exchange it for something else.

Anybody have any recommendations for a swimbait in this size? I would prefer something prerigged or at least something very easy to rig like the Storm baits are with included hooks or jig heads. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I got apile of storm pre rigged baits what crap,i will rig my own swim baits there is even stuff you can get to repair your swim baits after the nose gets ripped up, i am going to pour my own weighted hooks for swim baits been working on a mold trial and error but i am gettin there There had the storm ones at cabelas on clearence today, we can see why ,take them back, dicks had some nice swim baits on clearence minus another 20 percent lots of colors and sizes but you got to rigg them your self the brand name is reaction strike i forger how much they were but at least 40 percent off regular price and i caught bass at ig and sterling on them

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
I have tried the prerigged storm baits with ZERO success. I've fished them when the pike were jumping in the boat and they still got zip. After trying those I almost gave up on swimbaits. Heck, they did not even work in Canada for me :oops: Right now I would roll with a Berkley hollow belly, or Yum Money minnow. The Berkely gulp shad also has a paddletail but does not produce as much thump as the previous two baits.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I experimented a little with the Money Minnows while I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago. They definitely catch fish, but I don't know if they worked as well as some of the other plastics that I was using.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.