Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
The nearest place to fish for pures is Heidecke. Around here though, you best bet is for hybrids, which are abundant in both Heidecke and Lasalle. Go to Lasalle in March or April and throw chicken liver on the bottom. You will catch nice hybrids all day long. Finally, I am assuming by your comment that you are not interested in catching white or yellow bass?

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
There are also some big hybrids down in Monticello, IN in Lake Freeman and below the Norway Dam (about 2 hours from Chicago). Its a nice place to fish. Down there they call them "wipers". Go figure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got an email today from my charter captain back in Cape May and apparently it's picking up pretty well there. Might have to try to get out when I am back east for Thanksgiving/Christmas

(not that this really helps you sprioh, but you mentioned the stripers and all I could think of was the picture of the big fat ones attached to the email...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.