Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked the Fox east shore line by Wisconsin border from 2-4 today. I used old road runners tipped with shadpoles and twisters. Both worked. Casted out as far as possible, let it sink to the bottom, slow start stop, set the hook! Fun and thanks to the salt for the inspire as I never thought to fish for these.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you’re fishing for strippers, the vermillion river is the last place I’d look.
If you mean actual striped bass then no it is probably not the place, but if you mean white bass (as in this thread), then yes that’s exactly where I fished for them. Few years ago early spring. Caught a bunch with some really good size too. I was catching them on the fly and my buds on twisters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you mean actual striped bass then no it is probably not the place, but if you mean white bass (as in this thread), then yes that’s exactly where I fished for them. Few years ago early spring. Caught a bunch with some really good size too. I was catching them on the fly and my buds on twisters.
I have never seen strippers anywhere near the vermilion. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve even seen a nipple, let alone a fully titty.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I used to head up to the Wilmont dam when it was intact every Spring for the run on them. Sure was a great spot to spend a few hours. Sometimes we would camp out overnight on the southeast side of the dam where they would charge a couple bucks to get in but well worth it.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went back to the same spot a few more times since. All good fun. Thursday there was a bit of a crowd and they had baskets and buckets. Not sure how well they did but I did well with the same presentation. Got a small mouth as well. No keepa da white bass for me.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts