Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up north to a small lake for a few all day-ers the last couple weeks. Always on plenty of white bass, bluegill, and small perch to pass the time, but mainly just watching a couple tip-ups. All the panfish came on little teardrop jigs, mostly orange, tiped with waxworms. Heres some pics... a few decent pike, nothing huge. Also caught a 24" carp jigging. That was a first. Hope no one minds tons of huge pics :lol:

Heres that carp. :?

There was this guy wind-snowboarding one day. It looked exhausting.
I was taking a random picture of a tip up, and caught the sail in the arch of the flag. Cool coincidence.

The first false flag at this tip-up came back in with green weeds all over it. That was a good hole that day.

I had fun with these little buggers while waiting for a tip-up.

For this last one I had to break out the camera phone. My camera finally quit after years of abuse. Good bye old friend.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Good job Rudy. I have never seen those guys doing wind snowboarding before, but they do it quite a bit up in Door County in open water. It does look very exhausting. I have seen them come completely out of the water about 6 feet before.

The question is, what did you do with the carp? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Rudy, Have you ever tried those white-bass on a tip-up by any chance? It's probably one of the top food sources for those pike on your lake. Any success with them?

Again, great job out there!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Dave, I usually bring large roaches with, just so I can get a couple tipups set right away. But yeah, the baitfish are plentiful.
Thanks Rudy, next time I fish that lake, I might have to swap out one of my roaches with a white-bass on a quick-strike and give it a roll to see what happens. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
That's hilarious that the guy is out there "wind surfing" on ice. Interesting. Sorry to read about your camera I bet it told many o' good story. RIP.

Nice to see some decent fish pulled thru the ice there....congrats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.