Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..I hope someone can help me out. Every year around this time i start to give up because it gets too hott and i just sweat my ass off more and more with every cast and in return i dont catch anything. Im over the fact of it being hott but i still cant seem to catch anything got any tips on the presentation i should be using and what i should use..By the way this is the best site ever...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Think like a fish. When the temp is 90 degrees, the water warms up too. Find some shade, for both you and the fish. Look for any trees overhanging the shoreline, pop a squat, and give a few casts. If nothing else, it gets YOU out of the sun and into the cooler shade.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Slow fish a Senko. Cast it out let it sink..no bite? bring your rod tip to 12:00 ...let it sink(take up the slack)..little work but they sure catch Bass this time of year :wink:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't like this upcoming time of the year either. If I'm boating it, I think slop, docks, and dropoffs with C-rigs. Buzzbaits early and late. If you can find moving water that is even better. I've also observed that I have better luck going to the river and fishing for smallies in August rather than largemouth fishing. Good fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.