Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the weather's starting to heat up, I wonder if the coho, and trout fishing from shore will start to cool down.

I mean I regret not going out to the lake very often during this spring and catching nothing of salmonids in turn, but how long is it until the season ends for these species? They probably are all the way up in the door county by now. :(

And I am wondering also, how should I fish this summer for these fish... I don't want to go out at night for Browns, even if it is on a pier, and Idunno'boutyou, but I don't think I can afford it this year to go on a charter. Plus, I heard the Summer strain of steelhead on the Root and Pike here sucks.

My summer is going to suck... :(

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
summer salmoinoids... yeah... here's what you do. get on a boat. find water temps around 45-48. you might have to go miles and miles offshore. anywhere from 90 - 150 feet deep.

8)

or.... watch the winds. you can hook up with fresh kings after a good amount of west winds. only problem is you have to drive to sheboygan :lol:

the steelhead you are referring to are skamania. those fish are in and out in the tribs. unless youre a local, you odds are very slim of picking the right day.

you want browns...go to kenosha. there's a resident population of browns that stay in the harbor all year long. getting them to bite in the summer months is very tricky though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
southern lake michigan has good populations of just about everything except walleye, musky, and catfish. try for bass and perch in the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.