Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a favorite spot on the WB yesterday. Only one fish (13” or so) to show for the effort but a beautiful day to be out. Had another fish in that felt around the same size, pulled off after a couple head shakes. A couple other solid plunks of the ol’ banjo string but no commitment to holding the bait. All bites were on a 3/16 bitsy bug in camo with a blue craw Chigger.

Water level and flow were good but more stained than I expected. Grass was mostly gone, not much floating and only large clumps level in the bottom which actually held a lot of carp.
Water Vertebrate Lake Crocodilia Fisherman

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the report, nice fish.

I hit the WB a few times over the last week, caught a few each time but no size, 12" was my best.

A year ago it was on fire, some of the best fishing I've ever had, following a week in the 70s in early November. Was hoping this warmer weekend would wake them up, will keep trying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice one there! I was out on Sunday as well fishing below the Dupage confluence and up into the east branch just a few hundred yards. Nothing to show for it unfortunately. I was swinging larger streamers, smaller leach patterns and flashy rubber-legged, bead headed wooly bugger with my fly rod. Even tied on a large hopper to hit a sunny bank in the afternoon. Figured why not try something topside if nothing was working deep but no dice.

·
Registered
701 Posts
A couple other solid plunks of the ol’ banjo string but no commitment to holding the bait.
Nice one. From my limited experience fishing in the colder months, the bite and drop is common.

Nice one there! I was out on Sunday as well fishing below the Dupage confluence and up into the east branch just a few hundred yards. Nothing to show for it unfortunately. I was swinging larger streamers, smaller leach patterns and flashy rubber-legged, bead headed wooly bugger with my fly rod. Even tied on a large hopper to hit a sunny bank in the afternoon. Figured why not try something topside if nothing was working deep but no dice.
Did I run into you last year or early this year? Ran into a guy swinging black buggers/streamers in that spot. I asked what color was working for you. You said you got one really nice one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did I run into you last year or early this year? Ran into a guy swinging black buggers/streamers in that spot. I asked what color was working for you. You said you got one really nice one.
No I don't think that could have been me. This was the first time I've fished just below the confluence. A guy on a red kayak did float by and asked how I was doing. Said he hadn't had any action all day. Was that you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts