Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brothers wanted to go to the chain with me and "don" saturday but we said no go, no room. I took them out to sundown meadows sunday morning before the game and they each caught some gills. I brought the vex and hole hopped helping them get on fish. My youngest brother lost interest after everyone else was catching fish except him. it happens. I would tell them to pick a spot they wanted to fish and I would punch a hole for them. The young one picked a spot, I drilled and saw suspended fish, drop down, one quick hit and bam! I pulled up the first crappie I have ever seen out of this lake. After that don dropped by to check us out, we spent another hour or so and called it a day. We had all the guys out. Looks like my new nearby honey hole...kinda. Ill be scouting this place with my vex and cam for spring.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Im done........I love baseball and I love chicago so Im not even going to play this game with you its stupid and I really dont care. I love the Cubs but do not root against the White Sox. If one cant win I dont mind watching the other win.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
theres a fun debate but some people go overboard. Its a love hate thing that will never end. we can argue over this in the sport section (i think theres one here) but back to the point...that crappie pulled some drag and made my day, totally did not expect that. I will be back out and have some better reports hopefully. Thanks again and good fishing everyone

·
Registered
29 Posts
BLAH BLAH BLAH...lol Go cubs ...yeah it was a good time i went to join them for a couple hours.Until i heard the ice crack under me i get my self off there lol

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice to see a crappie come out of a CCFP pond that probably sees alot of pressure from the bucket brigade. Nice pics.

·
Registered
253 Posts
JB - You staying at Eagle Ridge? I spoke with by friend last weekend he fished Lake Galena and hammered the crappie and gills. He was right outside the marina. Let me know how you did there are some real beauties in that Lake.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Yep Eagle Ridge...thanks for the 411 on where to go. If you have any further details pm me before 5 pm tomorrow. :D

Waxies and spikes?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.