Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out hunting down the world record bass today in the unbearable 6000 degree heat today. Maybe i exagerated a little but Big Rick and i went out to a little subdivision pond bass fishin, we were throwin everything at them and it seemed that they just didn't want to bite today so i got out a fly and put that on the old ultra light rod and started flippin out bluegills. I was pullin them out flippin them over my shoulder as fast as i could Rick threw them back. Then he tied one on and got his hot hand on the action. I got this one on the first cast out. As stupid as bluegills are they're watching their buddys being ripped from the water one after the other, but they continued to hit. We didn't get all the fish we wanted but sure had fun doin it. All in all we probably caught about 50 of the little pirahanas before we called it quits and decided to go to the quarries. Where he caught a nice 2 pound bass by sight fishin and i didn't catch any more than a sunburn afterwards.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you guys atleast got onto 1 bass at the quarries. That sunfish almost looks like a Pumpkin-seed. Cool bright colors on it.

I bet next time you will remember to not wear a black shirt with the sun out, I know I do! :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
That is a pretty good size Bluegill. What I've done with flies a few times and worked is, tie a fly at the bottom of a larger hook with a swivel only and after you catch the bluegill don't pull him out of the water just yet. Let the bluegill thrash in the water for a bit, and sometimes it attracts bass, they sense that disturbance from the blue gill and attack. Since the larger hook is in place you can set it easily and pull that bass in. 8)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the tip i will be definately tryin that the next time out thats freakin brilliant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.