Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was invited to a subdivison pond sunday for a couple hours before sunset. Caught 17 bass my first 4 fish were about this size caught on 1/2oz Booyah Black Buzz bait.

Lost the lure on a cast :x all I had with was a 1/4 oz topwater buzz bait. Unfortunitly size of most bass caught afterwards went down accordingly.

Was great to get out for a few hrs again

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mad Craw wrote:
did your buzzbait break off on braided by chance?
Fireline on a spinning reel, bail accidently closed as I was casting and line snapped and lure flew into pond.. Second time I did it in 2 weeks last time on Power Pro..

Lip Yanker wrote:
Did ya "boyah!" after the hookups?
BOOYAH!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
use to have that happen to me on booyahs all the time on a baitcaster with power pro. until i realized my line was sometimes wrapping around the tip of the rod before casts. on spinning i lost a lot of jigs because of my release, and the line wrapping around the end of my rod. it hasn't happened to me for two years now. i just jinxed myself didn't I? :cry:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mad Craw 77 wrote:
use to have that happen to me on booyahs all the time on a baitcaster with power pro. until i realized my line was sometimes wrapping around the tip of the rod before casts. on spinning i lost a lot of jigs because of my release, and the line wrapping around the end of my rod.
That could very well be the case, I will keep my eye on that. Unless I get impatient after a big blowup :wink: .

Thanks for your insite..

NPIKE

·
Registered
73 Posts
That happened to me a while ago at first i didnt know what happened but i did notice that it went a lot farther then it would of if it was tied to that line. I got lucky though and it landed on an island so i was able to get it back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.