Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes...I've done well with them. Hottest colors for me have been bluegill and the golden shiner one, both in a 3'' size. The bluegill ones are pretty hard to find, but they're worth looking for.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
The storm shads are a particular favorite of mine. I did really well this spring with the chartreuse 4" (I think they were 4"). The problem with them is that they come in 3 packs and you get 1 chartreuse, 1 pink, 1 orange. Can't find packs with 3 chartreuse...wassup wit dat? Fortunately they only cost 2.99 which is worth it for the chartreuse alone.

Another favorite is the Berkely realistix minnows, I caught alot of fish on these. It seems when the fish are finicky I'll still get hits on this. Here's a couple pics of fish caught on the storm shads:

The size of the fish caught on the storm shads was a bit bigger then those caught on my usual go to.....jig and twisters.

JB

·
Registered
158 Posts
i've been having an awesome time fishing the storm wildeye 3" in the shad pattern, use a bullet sinker it makes them swim more natural, so far i've landed Lg mouth, stripers, hybrids, catfish, buffalo, some weird primitive toothy fish, and even shad with em and they come in a 6 pack for 2.99. i also used the 2" shad in a pearl white for crappie. it's my new go-to lure. i'm dying to try the crappie pattern but they're always sold out. just got a pack of curly tail shiners i think will be good as well. @ .50 each you can't beat em! ( my boys lose a lot of lures ) 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.