Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what is the best way to attach lures to line. Is the best way using swivel clips for convience or should you just tie the line directly to the lure. Should i use a swivel clip on poppers or frogs.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
It really depends on the type of bait. Personally, I like to tie line direct to all my lures. It just makes the lure act more naturally.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Depends on the lure action. Spoons for instance would require a barrel swivel, otherwise line twist is certain. I trolled a sppon one direct-tied, for about 15 minutes. Reeled in, and cast out again and woah! Man I've never seen a birdsnest quite that big!

I prefer direct tied for any lure that doesn't have a twisting action to it. But if it spins, go with a good barrel swivel for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Sanp Swivel could be used for conveince purposes I personally don't use one. For Spoons I Use a Barrel Swivel tied to my main line with a leader tied to my lure. But Mainly Tie My Line Directly To, there are also a Great amount of knots you should check into.

Barrel Swivels are seen in most tackle boxes they really do help with fishing task, Whether on tieing on a Heaver leader fro those teethy critter or the flurocarbon for the crystal clear waters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts