An actuall tackle box617.14%
a tackle bag2160.00%
a book bag514.29%
just brink one small tackle box (small box that goes in a bag)38.57%

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i personally have a tackle bag that i divide my baits into into a small plastice tackle box.

Crank baits
Plastics
Spoons/ spinners
and swim baits

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
tackle bag or box that u can switch the boxes out for what u need that particular day.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
When I am on foot just a tiny box that fits into a sweatshirt pouch. Only one rod as well. I really hate picking up my tackle to move, as I like to cover as much water as possible during a short trip. On my boat though is a different story :roll: 8)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have several tackle bags that hold Plano boxes. But a lot of times if I am fishing from shore, I just put all of the stuff that I might use that day into one 3700 box.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Switched over to a tackle bag with 4 plano boxes.
1 is for Large cranks, 2-med size & topwarer,3- jigs and 4 holds spinnerbait & buzz baits.

For crappies I have a seperate colored box of micro jigs.

Still have a bigger gear box,
(more like a waterproof shotshell box with 1 shelf)
but that holds slip bobber, plastics and end gear.

Light is better.

Plus I found myself dragging every color I had in the boat.
Plan to use 4, work the 4 baits...

I like the bag much better than the big dog box of the past.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You forgot to add the all of the above line. I know i have and use all of the above methods.

I use the big tackle bag with 7 planos on trips and going to new places, and a backpack when i have a pattern and i know what i need to use

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
JasonN said:
Here's what Augy uses...

Sweet Augy. I remember that tackle pack working well for you at the WWD :wink:

Another note to this thread is that I believe lighter is better if you are fishing subdivision ponds. I google earth new ones all the time and check them out. If there are no signs posted I normally give them a try. To date I have not been hassled. I feel it is in large part due to the fact that I am not carrying much tackle. Most would even probably assume that I live in the community and walked over from my house. The problems start when they see someone with a ton of gear, which they often correlate with a ton of trash. I know nobody here does that kind of stuff, but it often pays to fly under the radar while fishing these ponds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
like culprit mentioned above a tackle bag so i'm not hauling everything around. can switch out the boxes depending on the day plus the trays are inexpensive and easy to keep everything organinized andfrom getting all tangled together.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What's a good tackle bag to use when carrying around lakes? I looked at Dick's last night and all they had were 30-40 dollar Field and Stream bags that would still be too big.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.