Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Senkos on a Plane"? :D

Anyway, I'm heading back east for a few days and while I still have two rods at my parents' place, I don't have any good tackle there. I put together a box with a little assortment of everything - cranks, spinners, plastics, hooks, weights, etc and was planning on putting it in the checked bag rather than my carry-on (because surely a Rat-L-Trap must be a weapon, right?)

Anyone ever do this or run into any trouble with it? I don't want to get my bag in Philly and find out half my stuff has been "confiscated". I'm almost wondering if it would be easier to say F it and make a quick trip to Dick's and just buy $50 worth of stuff and keep it there rather than truck everything back and forth.

(I'm also planning on taking some Vienna Beef dogs and relish back for a friend who is hooked on Chicago hot dogs - TSA is going to have a field day with my bag)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ya mon! :mrgreen:

i'd pack a bag of senkos in your carry on and see if they think it's some sort of plastic explosive or weapon. they do cast like missiles. could take an eye out or severely impale someone in the nostrils. :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I could have left the rest of the box at home and just brought this guy:

Caught 4 LM's at a lake about an hour from the P's place, nothing huge, all about 12" or so. (And a nice sunburn and an assload of bug bites - next time remember the OFF and Coppertone...)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put it in the checked bag, and first thing I did when I got it at Philly and then back at O'Hare was open it up and make sure everything was there. All good, no problems.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
You can put just about anything in a checked bag, as long as you declare it. Up to and including firearms, not that I would ever do that.
A family member works a o'hare and used to work baggage claims. Lots of bags get lost.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Guys, I work for the hometown airline and I know of no FAA regs that say anything about the objects carried in a tackle box with the exception of a fillet knife, fingernail clippers (if they have a nail file), or anything that is in liquid or paste form. So put any fish scent sprays, bug repellent and the like in the check luggage. You should be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.