Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Tampier and Saganashkee are two lakes that I will be adding to the main part of the site soon. And then probably to the forums as well. The only reason I have not done so yet, it because I have not personally visited these waters yet.

Both lakes always rank high in the Cook County FP lake reports. But being so far south from me, not likely to get a regular visit.

I DO have tons of info on each lake, just need to make the visit and then the info will be on WCF.

Thanks for the input though. That's what helps the site grow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey fishin nut...just went to Tampier today and caught three walleye..biggest was 19" and about 20 white bass. All white bass under 12 inches but its promising to see so many white bass. Guess you just have to know how to fish

·
Registered
594 Posts
I look forward to the addition Jason.

Both are ~10 minutes from my house.

I pass Tampier every day on the way to work..

Decent bass in there though never hooked a walleye.
Never fished for them but they are BIG and in there..

If you go mid-day I could meet you.
Shore is easy to walk or they have boat rentals.

:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bassjiggler said:
Hey fishin nut...just went to Tampier today and caught three walleye..biggest was 19" and about 20 white bass. All white bass under 12 inches but its promising to see so many white bass. Guess you just have to know how to fish
ok nice job on the walleyes wat were u using and how (if u dont mind me asking)

ur one of few people i know thats ever had luck at tampier.

I tried there so many times.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bassjiggler said:
ok nice job on the walleyes wat were u using and how (if u dont mind me asking)

ur one of few people i know thats ever had luck at tampier.

I tried there so many times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fishinnut...im just using a 1/4 ounce panther martin. I guess the flash from the blade is striking them. It is a very slow producing lake, but sometimes I have a good outing that keeps me coming back I guess

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bassjiggler said:
Fishinnut...im just using a 1/4 ounce panther martin. I guess the flash from the blade is striking them. It is a very slow producing lake, but sometimes I have a good outing that keeps me coming back I guess
if u dont mind where do u fish any tips what i schould look for for the walleyes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.