Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to tampier easter sunday threw around a jig crawler combo and got nothing at all Fished around the dam area. One bite that felt big. My buddy and I threw around a topwater bait storm kickin minnows, just about everything. And nothing happended. Tampier lake........ wow 5 times fished there this year already have seen one fish. Can't wait till summer or even later this week.

·
Registered
582 Posts
This is what I think,

If you look at a map of the area u will see that there are 3-4 bodies of water connecting to Tampier, I fished there a few times last year and killed Cat Fish but I think the north pools hold more fish. Haven't gotten there yet, but will.

Here's a map 4 ya, use the birdseve view and u will see streams connecting the ponds:)

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... &encType=1

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tampier has been fished out for the longest time. Better off hitting up Busse or go down the street to Maple Lake. If you really look at the map the lake is a really shallow ditch with a few drop offs. I did chart a 20 ft drop last year on my depth finder, right by the culvert about a 100 yards out. Could be a false reading or maybe not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
novakcj1980 said:
Tampier has been fished out for the longest time. Better off hitting up Busse or go down the street to Maple Lake. If you really look at the map the lake is a really shallow ditch with a few drop offs. I did chart a 20 ft drop last year on my depth finder, right by the culvert about a 100 yards out. Could be a false reading or maybe not.
i was there fishing last summer when the dnr was taking a survey... you could hear them across the lake screaming and yelling. there are walleye in that lake that are around 8-10 lbs. and thats all they would tell me.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
novakcj1980 said:
Walleye Prime Time after the spawn... :shock: Thanks man!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i no there are walleye in there.

I have been doin some research from anthor site called chicagolandfishing.com

there is a guy there that is a master at tampier. He has been telling me that all he usues to catch them is a jig crawler combo. He didnt tell me where. He did mention the dam a lot. I will try the jig crawler combo this year

·
Registered
126 Posts
fishinnut28 said:
yes i no there are walleye in there.

I have been doin some research from anthor site called (not allowed).com

there is a guy there that is a master at tampier. He has been telling me that all he usues to catch them is a jig crawler combo. He didnt tell me where. He did mention the dam a lot. I will try the jig crawler combo this year
the best place i have fished at that lake is right at the base of the spillway... couple snag spots but good fish there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.