Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and lady's i went out to lasalle cooling lake the fish where not bitting that much in the mornning but they started bitting good about 2:30pm my cusin and i caught 5 nice blue each and i had a few that got off but it was a fun day

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going tomorrow (unless it pours). With my 3 girls. Really struggling with whether I need bikes. Gonna be tough to fit 5 bikes in the back of my wagon, and a real pain in the behind.

Who thinks I'll be fine without bikes, if we're willing to walk up to a mile or so.

Catmanvs, did you fish from shore or boat? near the parking, or bikes?

Any other tips you can provide, like bottom or bobber, bait, etc.

I'd really appreciate the help. See you out there tomorrow.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
You CAN go without bikes. The only thing is that you won't be able to walk all the way to the hot water side. But like Van says, those cats are all over so you'll do fine on foot. Just make sure that if you go in the afternoon, you give yourself enough time to walk back before they close. And have some drinks and snacks too to help with the walking.

One more thing... COMFORTABLE SHOES! The entire shoreline is rip-rap (softball sized rocks), so you'll need good boots/shoes that are strong and just watch the kids so they don't fall or twist an ankle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.