Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 8:30-9:45 cold 36 degrees snowing west winds.
Bass were busting minnows over the rockpile in south pool
couldn`t get any to bite but 1 ,had to leave early cuz I was freezing,didn`t dress right !

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
it's cold to fish that's for sure. SNOW !!! :evil:

Glad ya got 1 on the sliver/blue rattle trap

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Glad to see that someone braved the weather this morning. I need to get over to Lake Glenview before it turns over.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believe it,I was fishin in it ! lol.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Dude I think your losing it we used to do this when we were younger are you haveing a midlife........LOL Nice fish

·
Registered
472 Posts
Aris, you have to take a side cutters to your phone case. It's time to ditch the shorts and break out the long underwear. Can ice fishing be far away ?

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Nice fish, Aris. Believe me, I know how it feels to have a fishing jones and you don't care at ALL about the weather.

Nice job.

·
Registered
453 Posts
How do you fish the rattletraps. Do you just cast it out and start reeling at a medium speed?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like to reel them in fast with a stop n go retrieve or yoyo retrieve.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree with Aris, stop n' go and the yoyo retrieve for a rat-L-trap is really effective. As long as there aren't too many weeds or all that muck near shore, I like casting them parallel to shore and getting a reaction strike from the fish up shallow looking for baitfish. I've found that the rat-L-trap is a very good search bait and they've been on fire these past 2 weeks -- well especially for me down here in central Illinois. I've also used rattlin' rapalas and they work just as well. I can't imagine fishing the rat-L-trap along alot of the shoreline over there at the Glen b/c of all the weeds and how shallow it is, but I can see it working real well near the south pool or off the piers?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the information Tim. How are things down at U of I? I like the Rattlin' Rapalas better than the Rat-L-Trap. I've noticed that the weeds are a lot better at the Glen lately.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah for the record to everyone, Rattlin Rapala's are much cheaper than any other rapala crankbait/jerkbait. I think they're only like 3 bucks? opposed to like 6....

The U. of I has been going well toothdoc, not too busy of a semester... it's no good lol b/c I have a car down here on campus this year and I always get that urge to go fish... lol, When does fishing stop at the Glen? wasnt it in novermber sometime? that never made sense....

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Yeah, November 15th. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They close it for 6 months. I can see them closing it during the winter months because they don't want to have to deal with people falling through the ice, but 6 months doesn't make any sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts