Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 2 - 4pm temp 81 slight breeze ,had my funnest day on the glen hooked 9 Lmb and landed 7 with about 5 crappies on the side.
The fish were really on caught 2 on Pop R`s 2 on heddon torpedoe
1 on a hula popper and 2 on 3" senkos. All crappie on topwaters too.

hey Augy remember last nite i told u i`d get 1 out of the south pool . lol.
well make it 7 lol.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Good job! During the middle of the day too. I just invested in some more topwater baits that I need to get out and try. It looks like they are really producing for you.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they r toothdoc ,nothing really big though everything about 12-13 " but still a fun couple of hours !! :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thats awesome how were you working the pops i have only used one once never caught anything i think it would alot of fun getting hits on the top of the water like that

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
TSevs said:
Thats awesome how were you working the pops i have only used one once never caught anything i think it would alot of fun getting hits on the top of the water like that
mee too :oops: no love on the pop'r for me

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i have not had much luck either with topwater until recently and now i can't get enough of it. it really is the most fun way to catch fish.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Alright, Culprit... you get the Angler of the Week Award. Nice job dude! Top water fishing in the middle of the day??!! Way to go!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Aris.. Man, I've been skunked at The Glen for almost 2 weeks now! you definitely are the man, I couldn't get out today... but will tomorrow for sure. Nice job.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Well I went to the Glen tonight and fished from about 8 - 9 pm. I fished the south pool using topwaters like Culprit used. And I got the big skunk. I still haven't had much luck with topwaters. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
702 Posts
hey Augy, what do you mean lucky with topwater :shock: I don't back in, ya know what im sayin?!?!?!

Have a safe and uneventful but joyous delivery tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I love useing topwater Lures Caught my bigest Fish in Beck with on Top water. It is hard to get use to useing them You have to let the fish take it and not set the hook right away. I got a 5lb in beck My favorite is a Holla Poper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts